Saturday, September 13, 2014

Doing What I Can

I found that so long as I'm the only one who is accessing the internet I can do these posts. With that knowledge my posts and updates will not be on a regular schedule and odd times of day. I really would like a following for my pen and paper game that I'm developing. Eventually I may get one. Thank you if your reading this and I hope its interesting enough for you to follow my progress.

I'm still learning as I go, and I do find it fun. In fact I was awake for about 28 hours doing development and then realized that my RP is not ready for someone to test it. I lost files, and I RPed every session for it. No-one has GMed besides me. Thus the problem is that I don't have it ready for someone to learn how to GM it. To add more it needs more content since most of the play is nonlinear-- try to survive and make it by challenge by challenge (for most of it).

Currently I've been working on making some charts to make it easier to GM and keep the game running. Specifically a way to make NPCs with minimum effort and have them be interesting and their own mindsets/goals. Along with making them I've been developing a way to easily manage them without having to constantly be turning pages and help with keeping pace with a story to entertain players with anyone also watching/ listening. Mostly what can be envisioned here is a game with about 4-5 players and perhaps 40-50 NPC's that is manageable by one GM. That is the hope this night. I'll be redoing the character sheets by next month (it's 5th year anniversary) and hopefully get this game to a testable standard to get some more input to make it better and more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment